For the industry in Asia:
- To promote general safety, health, environmental awareness and security so that occupational injuries and illnesses are minimized, environmental damage is avoided, security of hazardous materials is assured and continuous improvement of performance in these areas is achieved.
- To provide national associations with standards and information for their use and recommendation to local authorities in the preparation of laws and regulations that will be both practical and effective.
- To promote harmonization of technical standards and practices within the industry
- To review accidents and incidents and recommend preventive measures
- To promote the creation and continual vigour of national associations thereby encouraging the nation-wide implementation of its standards
- To promote an effective and efficient response to emergencies involving industrial gases in transit and at customer sites
To achieve this mission:
- AIGA shall actively promote safety, health and environmental awareness through the setting up of technical expert Work Groups that will study and advise on the various aspects of production and distribution of gases. This will lead to the publication of technical documents and the organization of technical conferences and safety symposia.
- AIGA shall establish effective liaison with the other international gases associations and represent the views and interests of the national gases associations in Asia in order to achieve international consistency in standards and practices.
- AIGA shall set up a Safety Advisory work group comprising safety experts from its members. The group will share lessons learned from the accidents and incidents and will help to develop the training tools and codes of good practices to provide guidance on preventing their recurrence or minimizing their consequences.